Thursday, February 15, 2018

Irresistible Inking Techniques


You can do so much with ink pads and today I want to touch on just one of those techniques.  I was inspired and selected this technique after working my way through my Altenew Academy classes.  






I decided to use my Altenew Ink pads and my Gel Press / Gelli Plate.  After working through my process I realized that the effect that I was getting really wasn't any different than smooshing the ink pad on a craft mat.  I believe the Gel Press works better with paint/thicker mediums.
Since I was already committed to this process I continued.  

I started by pressing my green ink pads on the plate in a random pattern. 
I selected Altenew Frayed Leaf, Forest Glades, and Evergreen.


I sprayed/misted the ink with water, then I took watercolor paper and pressed it into the ink.

Now you can see that I probably didn't need the Evergreen Ink but I'm going ahead.
I did take another piece of paper after adding more water.

Now I placed the blue ink on the Gel Press.  
Colors are Altenew Dew Drop, Aqualicious and Teal Cave


Spraying with water, I press the watercolor paper into the blue ink.

this is the first inking from the press
I spray more water on the Gel Press and take the second piece of paper and add the blue ink.
this is the second inking from the press

I did use my heat tool to dry the paper in between layers.

After looking at the paper I decided it could use a little shimmer so I spray my Altenew Frayed Leaf Metallic Ink Spray on the Gel Press, misting with a small amount of water, I lay my green/blue inked papers on the Gel Press to add the shimmer.



So, my paper is finished and I want to use Altenew Floral Shadow Stamp set and the Thinking of You die to finish of my card.  I take a couple of stamps and concentrate on the upper corners.  The sentiment die is on the large size and it needed to remain the focal point of the card.  I stamped a few leaf images using Altenew Permanent Black ink and cut the sentiment out of black paper.
I did use 3 stacked sentiments for depth.







I hope you enjoyed this reminder of how you can stretch the use of your ink pads and create fun backgrounds.

Below is a bonus card I made with the additional background paper I had remaining.  I used the same stamp set and added a simple sentiment.



Blessings,

Nancy


Altenew Floral Shadow Stamp Set
Altenew Thinking of You Die
Altenew Inks
Altenew Ink Spray
Gel Press

2 comments:

  1. Nancy, your card is fabulous!!
    TYFS with us!♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the effect that you achieved with the Gelli Plate! The choice of stamps is spot on with this technique! Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete