Masking can be so rewarding in my opinion. There is just something about stamping several images and removing the mask that reveals your masterpiece.
I started this project by stamping leaf images on watercolor paper.
Next step is to mask the images, I will use Molotow Art Masking Liquid.
I this pen type of masking for it's detail and color.
I tape the paper to a board and wait for the masking fuild to dry.
I selected Distress Oxide Re-inkers to colorize my background
First layer is with iced spruce, fossilized amber, and peeled paint. I painted it on the background using quite a bit of water. I did use a heat gun to move things along before adding another layer.
Selecting worn lipstick and wild honey, I put on the second layer.
I love the soft effect you get with Oxides and sometimes I just have to stop myself from adding additional layers.
My final step was to splatter some black Distress Stain for accent.
Now it's time for the reveal......
I use a rubber cement eraser and carefully remove the masking fluid from the leaves.
It's looking very cool
I selected the part of the panel I wanted to use on my card front and cut it to size.
Layering with black really 'pops' the colors.
The sentiment was embossed using a fun leaf green powder from Zing.
I added twine and black nail heads for finishing touches.
Thanks for joining me today.