Monday, February 12, 2018

Stencil Techniques and Altenew

What a fun project I have for today.  
I will admit that I have quite a few stencils in my collection.  Stencils are so versatile because you can use them for many projects.
I'm not a scrapbooker or much of an altered art person, but I Love, Love making cards so I use my stencils to make paper for card fronts.  I use them with all type of inks, markers and paste.

My card features the Dahlia A & B stencils from Altenew


I also used PINK ink today!



I started by taping my stencil to my paper, I tape on the backside of the paper which allows me to get full stencil coverage.

Stencil A

I used my blending tool and inked the paper with Frosty Pink Ink and Coral Berry Ink.

Stencil B
I now layered the 'B' stencil on the paper and applied a small amount of Ruby Red Ink.


Leaving the stencil in place, I applied Nuvo Glitter Paste.


Note:  when using glitter paste you need to clean
 your tools right away.  I have a plastic container filled with water and a little dish soap that I can place the stencil in until I can clean.  You can use a paper towel or baby wipe to take the major excess product off, but this stuff drys like concrete.


I cut 2 sets of gold letters and 1 set on dark brown letters from the 


 Stacking and gluing them together to add thickness, also off-setting the brown letters to the left which gives a shadow effect. I placed a stamp block over the letters to add weight until they dry.

Below is the finished card and I Love the results.  There is so much sparkle and texture in real life, not sure this picture does the card the justice it deserves.

I've decided that Pink isn't that bad. 


Happy Monday and Have a great week


Blessing,


Nancy



Altenew Dahlia Stencil A & B
Altenew Calligraphy Alpha Die
Altenew Ink - Frosty Pink, Coral Berry, Ruby Red
Nuvo Glitter Paste - Pink Opal

1 comment:

  1. GREAT job, Nancy, on using the stencils and glitter paste! I love the striking color combo and ribbons!

    ReplyDelete