Sunday, February 11, 2018

Let It Shine

Continuing with my classes and assignments for my Altenew Educator Certification, today I will be sharing my card for the Shine project.

Now you can add shine in many ways,
Glitter
Heat Embossing
Foil

I decided to combine several of these for my project.





Cover dies are some of my favorites to create with.  They provide many options and 'Wow' factors on your card fronts.   I have used this cover die many times, but decided to do a inlay technique.  Would it have been easier to just layer this over a foil panel, well YES, but then what fun is that. 

First I die cut red foil paper 

Using Press'n seal plastic I secured my die cut pieces.



oops, several pieces came off, no problem

I have another piece of paper that I have die cut out of orange paper and adhered to my card base.  I decided to use a Glitter Dust spray on the orange panel just to add a little sparkle.

                                                                     



Now the fun begins.  I will take the red foil pieces and selectively glue them into the card front panel, just like a puzzle.  This can be somewhat tedious but I love the end result and reward.


When I finished this process I ran the card through my die cut machine just to flatten the pieces and give the card a inlay look for the red foil.

Needing to add something more to the card, I decided to put some flowers on the right side.  It was important to select a flower that coordinates well with the cover die so I selected the Altenew Bamboo Rose set.  This floral image does a great job matching up the floral leaves with the cover die leaves. 


Using Rocky Shores and Autumn Blaze Ink, the images are ready to be die cut.  Needing to combine these flowers with the card I decided to also add some foil accents in the centers.  


I started by using my zig glue pen and covering some of the lines with glue which will prep it for the foil accents.  If you notice in the picture the glue is blue when wet, as it dries it will turn clear.  You want the glue to be 'tacky' to touch with no actual wet glue before you press the foil on the paper.
I used a scrap of red foil and just pressed it on the tacky glue and burnished with my finger.  Remove the foil and you have fun accents.


You can see the Glitter Dust spray, the inlayed foil leaves and the foil accent on flowers



Adding a sentiment from the Bamboo Rose set, my card is finished.
I really enjoyed making this card and will definitely practice this inlay technique more.

Have a Blessed Day!

Nancy



Altenew Stamp & Die Set - Bamboo Rose
Altenew Ink - Autumn Blaze and Rocky Shores
Red DecoFoil
thermoweb Glitter Dust







2 comments:

  1. That's so awesome that you share your process on how to add the shine!! Truly awesome, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This card was so fun to make. Love sharing fun, easy techniques.

      Delete