Sunday, November 13, 2011

Another Border Punch Card

Hello everyone, I have a card to share that uses a basic border punch and the trusty score pad.  This is a Martha Stewart punch that I used on the entire edge of a 12" piece of paper and then cut the strip 1 1/4" wide.
Now I scored the strip every 1/4".  When I do this I look at the punch and follow the shape of the design to determine at what intervals to make the score lines.  I used a 1" circle on the bottom and top to help secure the paper after I have it fan folded.  Strong adhesive is necessary in order to keep the paper from coming apart.  I like to use the Gluber product on the bottom circle to help secure the flower as I shape it, then I use a hot glue gun to make sure it is completely glued together.  Finally I place the other 1" circle on the top to finish securing the flower and adding a little fun to the center.  You could embellish with gems, glitter or a resin shape.

Hope you try this for a fun, easy center piece.    ~Nancy~

No comments:

Post a Comment