Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Happy Birthday for a Male Friend

My husband and I have a friend that has a birthday today and I sometimes find it's hard to come up with that special card for a male.  Our friend travels with Bill when they go on balloon trips and we do see him at dinner throughout the year.  Well, he's 69 years old, so I decided to play on the age thing.
Not having a stamp that I thought was perfect, I turned to the internet to pull an image that I wanted front and center on the card.  Here's what I came up with.....


I copied the vintage image and printed on nice paper.  Mounting the image on several cardstock pieces, then distressing the edges for that 'Vintage' look.  I added a few gears and twine on the bottom, plus the washi tape '69' at the top.  The washi tape is a ruler, so I just omitted the 7 and 8, joined them back together to achieve the number I needed.
Hope you enjoy and maybe this card will give you a few ideas when you need to come up with a quick card.
Thanks for stopping by today.
Nancy

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the 'Vintage" birthday card image! I am sending it to my brother. It really fits him!

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete