Wednesday, February 28, 2018

AECP - Masking Unleashed

Masking can be so rewarding in my opinion.  There is just something about stamping several images and removing the mask that reveals your masterpiece.

I started this project by stamping leaf images on watercolor paper.  



Next step is to mask the images, I will use Molotow Art Masking Liquid.  
I this pen type of masking for it's detail and color.



I tape the paper to a board and wait for the masking fuild to dry.  
I selected Distress Oxide Re-inkers to colorize my background



First layer is with iced spruce, fossilized amber, and peeled paint.  I painted it on the background using quite a bit of water.  I did use a heat gun to move things along before adding another layer.


Selecting worn lipstick and wild honey, I put on the second layer.  
I love the soft effect you get with Oxides and sometimes I just have to stop myself from adding additional layers.


My final step was to splatter some black Distress Stain for accent.

Now it's time for the reveal......

I use a rubber cement eraser and carefully remove the masking fluid from the leaves.


It's looking very cool


I selected the part of the panel I wanted to use on my card front and cut it to size.
Layering with black really 'pops' the colors.


The sentiment was embossed using a fun leaf green powder from Zing.  
I added twine and black nail heads for finishing touches.


Thanks for joining me today.


Blessings,


Nancy 

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous use of the masking fluid!! Love the artsy vibe in this! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Can’t wait to see what my next challenge will be.

      Delete