Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Floating Die Cuts


First I want to say that I am happy to finally have some internet connections back.  You don't know how much you take it for granted until it doesn't work.  Still slow, but we are working on it.

I want to share a couple of cards today that were inspired by The Dynamic Die Cuts course from Altenew Academy Classes.
I am now working on my Level 3 classes and I must say that I continue to be impressed with the instructors and quality of classes.  If you haven't check out the classes, hop on over and take a look.  There are many to select from and they are all very reasonably priced and some are free.

My first card is and example of Partial Die Cutting.

I used A couple of Altenew Cover Plates to make this card.  You will notice that the image is only die cut in the center of the panel.  This is a simple and fun technique.  I didn't take pictures during the construction process but will try and do another card and film a video.

Todays main focus is the card featuring Floating Die Cuts


This has an acetate card front and then you die cut multiple images of your choice and adhere them to the acetate.  You need to cut enough images that you can also adhere them to the back of the acetate panel to achieve a finished look.


Its difficult to take pictures that do the card justice.  You need to use a good heavy acetate for this process so it will stand up to the weight.

  I have a video that you can watch to see the total process.




Thanks for stopping by today.

Blessings,



Nancy

Supplies:
Altenew Halftone Happy Die
Altenew My Family Stamp Set

1 comment:

  1. These two cards are simply gorgeous! You made them shine with the acetate and metallic element. The partial die-cutting truly is fabulous on your first card! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete