Saturday, January 5, 2019

Let's Do A Little Paper Piecing

Today I have a small amount of time to play before I start another new project so I thought I would share and old but fun technique.

I believe you get such a stunning results when you put all the little paper pieces back into a die-cut.
I selected Altenew Antique Engravings Cover Die and colored my paper pieces with 



I started by cutting the cover plate die out of plain white card stock.
When finished, I carefully removed it from my die-cut machine trying to keep all the little pieces intact and still attach to the metal die.
Now, using Glad Press-n-seal, I covered the image and adhered all the pieces to the plastic wrap.


It's very hard to see but the image on the left has the Press-n-seal under all the pieces.  After I removed the floral frame most of them all stayed in place. 
Now the fun begins.  
I started coloring some of the pieces with my Artist Markers which was easy since they were all stuck in place.  


Selecting only the pieces I wanted to used, I can now start gluing them onto my panel and Floral frame.



I find this fun and therapeutic, call me crazy.


Finishing touch is adding a simple sentiment from Altenew's Cross Stitch Flower set.

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope this technique gave you some inspiration.


Nancy



No comments:

Post a Comment