Sunday, February 25, 2018

AECP-Beautiful Details






I have learned over the years that details can definitely make a project. 
My card today features just that, details.  While going through all the classes that Marika taught, I was first in awe of her talent and second, she offered so many suggestions to add touches that really make a difference.

I chose to add details to my petals and leaves using Prismacolor Premier Pencils.  I first started by stamping the flower in Morning Frost and Soft Lilac.




After stamping I used colored pencils to add details.

petals

leaves

I used 2 different sized flowers and stacked two layers on the card front. 
Marika challenges you to try something new and one of her suggestions was to outline your image with an artistic line.  Now I must admit that my lines are much more of a traced outline style but I felt this petal needed that.   
I wanted to add some ink splatters to the background, so I used Altenew Frayed Leaf Ink Spray plus, Distress Spray Stain in Hickory Smoke and Black Soot.

Just a  simple sentiment for the finishing touch.


This was a fun challenge and I will continue to practice this with my colored images.



Blessings,


Nancy





1 comment:

  1. Love the color combo that you chose! The layering is awesome in this, Nancy! Your outlining is fabulous....who needs outline stamps!!? :)

    ReplyDelete