Tuesday, February 20, 2018

AECP - In The Mood For Color


The assignment for this lesson has to do with color and mood.  My background is in Interior Design and color has become a way of life for me.  When my sister and I need to speak about color we reference Copic Marker numbers and colors.  
I'm sure some of you totally understand.

Most of my recent post have been with aqua blue tones
 but the next favorite color on my list is 
Orange
Orange is also special for me as it means Health, Happiness and Courage.
Ten years ago this month I started 6 weeks of cancer treatments, so 2018 is a milestone in my health.
With pleasure I share my project using Orange.


Using mask and my Misti, these Pansies were stamped with yellows and orange.





Starting with a white paper panel I used an ink blending tool to add Sea Breeze at the top.


I decided that I wanted to do a little fussy cutting around my floral arrangement so I made a straight cut side-to-side about 2 inches from the bottom.

I layered this and my blue inked panel to the card base, then stamped and embossed a sentiment on black.  For finishing touches I chose black gems, blue sequins and Clear Wink of Stella.



Here's to Health, Happiness and Courage.

Blessings,

Nancy



Supplies:
Altenew Pretty Pansies Stamp
Altenew Enchanted Iris Stamp (sentiment)
Altenew Inks Warm and Cozy-Summer Afternoon-Tropical Forest Collections
White Embossing Powder
MFT die-namics Stitched Rectangle Stax







3 comments:

  1. This card is full of warm and sweetness, Nancy! Why, of course, you used the right tone and colors! Love the inked background and layering! Way to go on reaching a huge milestone for your treatment! That is something to be very proud of and cherished! And wow, your fussy cutting is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Virginia. I loved this challenge.

    ReplyDelete