Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Altenew Season Scene Building

I start my project today thinking about how I wanted to interpret this challenge.  
First I need some inspiration, so I turn to my stamp collection from Altenew.
I find a couple of stamp sets that spark my interest and set them aside.
I'm also watching the clock this morning because I need to pack up for the class I'm teaching today at my local scrapbook store.
My clock is silver, black and white, very simple with clean lines and a modern look.
Voila` I have my inspiration.  Now to make my final selection of stamp set.  


I decided this set was perfect


With a monochromatic color palette selected, the challenge of scene building starts out with masking paper and gray inks.

placed all stamps in Misti

Images cut out for masking

I placed all my stamps in my Misti and stamp them on masking paper.  Then I needed to cut them out.  I don't have the die set for this stamp set but I wouldn't want the white edge around them anyway, so I did pick up the scissors and started fussy cutting.


I started by stamping 2 images with the lightest gray ink


Now I need to cover the stamped images with their mask


Choosing a couple of more stamps from the set, they're placed and inked with additional colors. Mask are removed to see the results.


Now I put the mask back over the floral images in preparation of stamping the floral stems


So here's the final layout after stamping the stems and you can see I added one additional flower to the right of the stem. (kinda looks like and olive?)



I finished off my card with a simple background paper, a sentiment and a few sequins.
I love this card and the simplicity.


Thanks for stopping and sharing this exciting journey.


Blessings

Nancy



Altenew Simple Flowers Stamp Set
Altenew Halftone Circles Die (sentiment)
Altenew Rock Collection Ink Mini Cubes
Silver Embossing Powder
MFT-Die-Namics Stitched Rectangles
Misc Sequins
Nuvo Crystal Drops- Ebony Black






2 comments:

  1. Love the stamps and great masking
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the monochromatic theme and the scene that you created with these circles! This card is so pleasing to the eyes, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete