Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Easy Die Cutting Techniques


Another chapter in my classes today.



I'm doing some Easy Die Cutting today which I would call 'floating die cut.  The concept is similar 
to inlaid die cutting but I actually pop the top layer over the image layer. 


Die cut image from cover layer
Lay stamp in the negative space




Now I stamp the image on paper in preparation of coloring with alcohol markers.


 I used tones of yellows and greens for this image.  



You can see the top layer floats over the base layer which adds dimension.  


To finish the card off I added splatters of metallic ink spray and some scattered sequins.




Thanks for stopping at my blog today.

Blessings,


Nancy



Altenew Stamp & Die - Peony Spray
Altenew Metallic Ink Spray - Frayed Leaf
Altenew Artist Markers


1 comment:

  1. Truly beautiful, Nancy!! Love your use of matching die and markers! Well done on this course!

    ReplyDelete